Effective Date: 22 October 2021
Types of Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you interact with our website, contact us, interact with us on social media, or participate in a course. The types of information collected by us or business partners acting on our behalf include:
- Contact information including name, email, address, and telephone number.
- Contact information of programme or course participants. For programme or course participants under 18 years of age, we only collect the contact information provided by the parent or legal guardian.
- Transaction data including payment details.
- Purchase information including date, description, amount, and service.
- Information about the device accessing our Services including a mobile device’s unique identification number set by the operating system, device type, operating system, and data carrier.
How We Use the Collected Information
We use the information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill purchases made by or for you.
- Provide the Services purchased by or for you.
- Improve your experience using our Services.
- Develop new features for our Services and new products.
- Send you marketing communications.
- Respond to customer support requests.
- To comply with legal requirements imposed by regulating authorities.
How We Share Your Information
- With third parties who perform services for us or on our behalf. The information shared is limited to the information necessary to perform the service contracted.
- In response to legal process including subpoena, court order and lawful requests made by public authorities.
- When our good faith belief determines it is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or to investigate fraud.
- To third parties with your consent.
You may opt out of marketing emails by following the instructions in the email, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Review and Update Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising and Analytics
Do Not Track
The https://www.theenglishstudio.com.my/ website does not support “Do Not Track” requests from your web browser.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide services to you contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Data Transfer and Cross-Border Transfer of Your Information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for Individuals in Switzerland, UK and the EU
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limits and conditions provided under law, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, erased, or made available in a portable form.
- You also have the right to object to certain processing (e.g., receiving direct marketing), or request that we restrict processing in certain circumstances (e.g., to retain but not further process pending resolution of a claim).
- After you give your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- You have the right to file a complaint regarding our data protection practices with a supervisory authority.
For contact details in Europe, please visit: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
For contact details in Switzerland, please visit: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html. For contact details in the United Kingdom, please visit: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.